Stormwater Detention Facility-- FAQ
- What is a storm water detention facility?
- A storm water detention facility collects stormwater and slowly releases it at a controlled rate so that areas downstream are not flooded or eroded.
- What does this residential property disclosure statement say?
- The owner(s) makes no representations with respect to the presence of any stormwater detention facilities located on the property, or any maintenance agreement for such facilities, and purchasers are advised to exercise whatever due diligence they deem necessary to determine the presence of any stormwater detention facilities on the property, or any maintenance agreement for such facilities, in accordance with terms and conditions as may be contained in the real estate purchase contract, but in any event, prior to settlement pursuant to such contract.
- Why is this information important?
- Before buying a home it is important to know if you're responsible for maintining a privately owned stormwater detention facility on your property. By making sure your facility is properly maintained, you can help prevent flooding problems and protect your local environment.